Jump for Joy...it's finally JUNE!
Summer vacation is officially underway - bring on all the ice cream, beach bonfires, bbq, pool days, and everything in between. Speaking of ice cream, now that the weather is getting hotter you need ways to cool off your dog!
Check out this easy, delicious recipe for homemade dog ice cream pops.
PEANUT BUTTER PUPSICLES
- 6 ripe bananas
- 3 TBSPs creamy peanut butter
- 2 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
You will need:
- Food Processor or Blender
- Popsicle molds or any fun shaped mold, really. These look pretty cool in our opinion, but it's up to you! Larger dogs might want a bigger treat, while small dogs can have tinier ones.
- Slice the bananas.
- Place the sliced banana in a plastic bag, lay flat in freezer.
- Shred the carrot.
- Place ingredients into separate bowls. (peanut butter, shredded carrot, cooked bacon crumbles)
- Blend the frozen banana in a food processor or powerful blender to create the single ingredient ice cream.
- Add the creamy peanut butter to the banana ice cream mixture, blend well.
- Fold in the shredded carrot and crumbled bacon bits. (You can also choose to leave these out entirely or add in your dog's favorite toppings instead! Crumbled dog biscuits, canned pumpkin, frozen blueberries, etc.)
- Divide the soft ice cream among ramekins, shallow vessels and/or your favorite popsicle mold of your choosing and freeze.
- Makes 3 cups of ice cream total (about 6-8 ramekins).
Serve & watch your pup enjoy on a hot summer day!
Recipe courtesy of UseRealButter.com